What is authentic Black Forest cake?
Black forest cake, which originated in the Black Forest region of Germany, is typically made with a light chocolate sponge cake, soaked with cherry syrup and cherry brandy (Kirsch), then layered with whipped cream and cherries. This version swaps the chocolate sponge for a denser, fudgier chocolate cake to delicious effect.
Näytä koko vastaus
What are the ingredients in Black Forest cake?
- CRUNCHY BISCUIT BASE
- 1 large egg
- 30 g honey
- 30 g icing sugar,sifted
- 60 g flour
- 15 ml whole milk (1 tbsp)
- 5 g baking powder (1/2 teaspoon)
- 50 g unsalted butter
- AERATED CHOCOLATE
How to make Black Forest cake recipe?
- Preheat oven to 180°C fan forced (200°C conventional).
- Grease and line the base and side of a 22cm round cake tin with baking paper.
- Meanwhile,put extra sugar and 125ml water in a medium saucepan,stir to combine and place over medium heat.
- Put chocolate and cream in a medium saucepan over low heat,stirring until melted.
How to bake Black Forest cake?
- Heat the oven to 350 degrees.
- To prepare the cake,in a large bowl,whisk together the cocoa powder and boiling water until smooth.
- In a medium bowl,whisk together the flour,baking powder,salt and baking soda.
- Bake until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean,30 to 35 minutes.