How to make a jambalaya?
- Chicken – Use boneless chicken,skinless chicken thighs,chicken breast,or chicken tenderloins
- Bacon – Bacon strips are the easiest.
- Spices – Sweet paprika,oregano,thyme,cayenne,garlic,and paprika,give the Creole flavors to this dish.
- Rice – long grain rice,uncooked rice is preferred.
What spices are in jambalaya recipes?
- Cajun seasoning. This rustic seasoning blend originated from Louisiana and has a bold spicy flavor.
- Creole seasoning.
- Dried oregano.
- Bay leaves.
- Taco seasoning.
- Crushed red pepper.
- Italian seasoning.
- Dried Thyme.
- Poultry seasoning.
What are ingredients in jambalaya?
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts,cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1/2 pound andouille sausage,diced
- 1 (28-ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 medium onion,chopped
- 1 green bell pepper,seeded and chopped
- 1 stalk celery,chopped
- 1 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 2 teaspoons Cajun or Creole seasoning
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce
How to make Creole jambalaya at home?
- Make the Creole seasoning.
- Prepare the vegetables.
- Prepare the meats.
- Brown the sausage.
- Brown the chicken.
- Sauté the vegetables.
- Add the rice and toast.
- Add the liquid and meats.
- Stir and let sit.
- Fluff and serve.