What is the best meat for pulled pork sandwiches?
Preparing the Meat for the Smoker – No matter if you have the whole pork shoulder or the Boston butt and/or picnic roast, the meat you choose should have a good quantity of fat to make preparing it for smoking really easy. You can apply a rub to add flavor if you like, or you can simply put it in the smoker right out of the wrapping—just check it first for loose pieces of fat or skin and trim them off.
Näytä koko vastaus
How to make the Best Pulled Pork?
- Using your hands,apply the binding agent to the exterior of the pork shoulder
- Generously apply the rub
- Smoke Pork Shoulder at 225 degrees,after about 6-8 hours the internal temp should hit 160.
- When the internal temp hits 160 wrap the pork shoulder with butcher paper,and continue smoking.
How many carbs are in a pulled pork sandwich?
Total Carbs in Pulled Pork Sandwich – Nutrition Facts for Pulled Pork Sandwich In a Pulled Pork Sandwich ( 1 Serving ) there are about 570 calories out of which 225 calories come from fat. The total fat content of 1 Serving Pulled Pork Sandwich is 25 g.
Within the fat content, a Pulled Pork Sandwich contains 7 g of saturated fat, 0 g of trans fat, 0 g of polyunsaturated fat and 0 g of monounsaturated fat. To reduce the risk of heart diseases, it is best to consume items low in cholesterol and the cholesterol count in a 1 Serving Pulled Pork Sandwich is 95 mg.
A food item is considered high in fiber if the fiber content is over 5g. A 1 Serving Pulled Pork Sandwich contains about 2 g of fiber. Food items high in fiber are good and come with many health benefits. High fiber foods help in lowering cholesterol levels.
- Try to increase your daily fiber intake to at least 30 grams per day.
- When reading the nutrition facts label also pay close attention to the sodium levels.
- It’s recommended to limit your daily sodium intake to 2000 mg or 2 grams per day.
- A single 1 Serving Pulled Pork Sandwich contains about 3160 mg of sodium.
Sodium causes the body to retain water and a low sodium diet helps in controlling high blood pressure and water build up. Any item containing less than 5 mg of sodium is considered a no sodium item and considered low sodium if the sodium content is below 140 mg per serving.
- Carbohydrates are important for a healthy diet however, you must choose complex carbohydrates such as found in whole grain, pasta, lentils, brown rice, beans, fruits and vegetables, to maintain a good healthy diet.
- Total carbs in a Pulled Pork Sandwich is 61 (g), 20% of daily value.
- Sugar in a Pulled Pork Sandwich is about 15 g and the amount of protein in a Pulled Pork Sandwich is approximately 30 g.
Please refer to the nutrition facts label seen to the left for a full breakdown of complete nutrition found in a Pulled Pork Sandwich, : Total Carbs in Pulled Pork Sandwich – Nutrition Facts for Pulled Pork Sandwich
Näytä koko vastaus
What are the best sides with pulled pork?
- Creamy Potato Salad. A mainstay of many a barbecue is a deliciously creamy bowl of potato salad.
- French Fries.
- Sweet Potato Fries.
- Roasted Vegetables.
- Collard Greens.
- Green Beans.
- Baked Beans.
- Sweet Corn Fritters.
- Grilled Corn.
- Corn Salsa.