What is your favorite Tom Yum recipe?
Tom Yum Kai I got this tom yum recipe from a Thai friend. It’s the best/most authentic ever. Garnish with cilantro, basil, and green onion. Jump to Nutrition Facts
- 4 cups water
- 1 stalk lemon grass, smashed and chopped
- 1 (1 inch) piece galangal, thinly sliced
- 3 kaffir lime leaves, torn
- 4 tablespoons fish sauce
- 2 teaspoons chile paste
- 8 ounces fresh tomatoes, chopped
- 2 ounces button mushrooms, chopped
- 1 (8 ounce) skinless, boneless chicken breast sliced into strips
- 4 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 fresh Thai chiles, crushed with a knife and halved
- Bring water to a boil in a saucepan. Add lemon grass, galangal, and kaffir leaves. Cook for 1 minute. Add fish sauce and cook for 1 minute. Add chile paste and reduce heat to medium. Add tomatoes and cook 2 to 3 minutes. Add mushrooms and cook for 1 minute. Increase heat to high and add chicken. Cook, stirring occasionally, until chicken is cooked through, about 5 minutes. Add lime juice and stir.
- Add chiles to soup and remove from heat.
Show Full Nutrition Label Hide Full Nutrition Label
|Servings Per Recipe 2|
|% Daily Value *|
|Total Fat 4g||5%|
|Saturated Fat 1g||6%|
|Total Carbohydrate 19g||7%|
|Dietary Fiber 3g||9%|
|Total Sugars 8g|
|Vitamin C 134mg||669%|
Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs. ** Nutrient information is not available for all ingredients. Amount is based on available nutrient data. (-) Information is not currently available for this nutrient.
Näytä koko vastaus
What does Tom Yum mean in Thai?
- You may use tiger prawn for this recipe.
- I recommend Pantai brand Nam Prik Pao. In bottled Nam Prik Pao, the oil floats to the top. Use the oil to make Tom Yum Soup.
- Other than oyster mushrooms, you can also use straw mushrooms or white mushrooms.
- You can make Tom Yum Soup with chicken, a combination of chicken plus shrimp, or seafood combination (shrimp, squid, and scallop). However, the most popular tom yum is tom yum goong, goong means prawn in Thai language.
What are the ingredients in Tom Yum?
Ingredients for Tom Yum –
- Shrimp Stock
- Lime Juice
- Thai Chilies
- Thai Roasted Chili Paste
- Fish Sauce
Is Tom Yum good for health?
In Thai culture, it is believed that tom yum is beneficial to ones health. What is the difference between Tom Yum and Tom Kha? The main difference is the use of coconut in tom kha. How many calories? One serving has 270 calories. What Dishes to Serve with this Recipe? This meal is best served with Thai entrees.
Näytä koko vastaus