How to cook trenette pasta with pesto?
For Trenette al Pesto, Genovese, with Potatoes and Green Beans –
- Prepare the pesto as instructed in steps 1-2 above.
- Bring a large pot of liberally salted water to a boil. Cut the green beans into 1 inch pieces and add the potatoes and green beans to the boiling water. Cook until just tender, about 10 minutes and remove with a slotted spoon and set aside.
- Add the trenette to the boiling water and cook until al dente.
- Meanwhile, in a large sauté pan add 2 tablespoons of olive oil and the pesto, turn heat on low and heat through.
- Reserve 1/4 cup of water from the pot then drain pasta and add to sauté pan with pesto, and turn the heat up to medium.
- Add the potatoes, green beans and the reserved pasta water and toss well, coating the pasta and vegetables completely with the sauce.
- Transfer the pasta to individual serving plates and serve immediately.
- Prep Time: 15 mins
- Cook Time: 15 mins
How to make the perfect pesto pasta?
Method – 1 Cut the potatoes into ¼” cubes and chop the green beans into ½” segments.2 For the pesto, blend together the basil, pine nuts, olive oil, garlic, Grana Padano cheese, Pecorino, and a bit of salt.3 Bring water to a boil in a large pot and salt.
Näytä koko vastaus
How do you cook trenette?
Peel potatoes and cut them into small cubes. Chop up green beans into small segments. Add salt to water in a large pot and bring it to a rolling boil. Add the potatoes to the pot of water and cook for about 3-5 minutes. Then, add trenette (or linguine) and cook based on package directions. Add the green beans with 5 minutes to spare.
Näytä koko vastaus
What are the ingredients in a trenette pasta?
Trenette al Pesto –
- Total Time: 30 mins
- Yield: 4 1 x
- 2 cups tightly packed fresh basil leaves
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup of pine nuts
- pinch of salt
- 2 cloves of garlic chopped fine
- 1/2 pound of trenette pasta or linguine
- 1/4 cup freshly grated parmigiano-reggiano cheese
- 2 tablespoons freshly grated pecorino-romano cheese