How to make a real Key lime pie?
For the crust: –
1-1/2 cups crushed graham crackers, about 10 crackers 2 tablespoons sugar 6 tablespoons butter, melted
Preheat the oven to 375°F. Place the graham crackers in a large zip-top bag and crush to fine crumbs with a rolling pin. Transfer to a small mixing bowl, add the sugar, and pour in the butter. Combine with a fork and transfer to a 9-inch pie plate. Use your fingers to press the crumbs evenly across the bottom and up the sides of the pie plate. Bake until golden, about 7 minutes, remove and reduce the temperature to 350°F. Set the crust aside to cool for 10 to 12 minutes. In a separate bowl, whisk together the egg yolks, sweetened condensed milk, and lime juice until smooth and starting to thicken. Pour the mixture into the partially cooled crust and bake until the custard is set but still a little jiggly, 12 to 14 minutes. Allow the pie to cool completely on a wire rack, then refrigerate for at least 90 minutes before serving. Serve topped with a little freshly whipped cream if desired.
We call for 5 egg yolks in this recipe because we consistently find the yolks in the large organic eggs we get at the supermarket to be on the small side. One large egg yolk should equal about 1 tablespoon, so if your yolks meet that criteria, you can comfortably cut the quantity back to four.
Näytä koko vastaus
How do you make a homemade key lime pie?
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Zest the limes and then juice them.
- Process the graham crackers in a food processor or blender and then melt the butter and have it at the ready.
- Whisk the egg yolks and lime zest together in a bowl until tinted light green.
- Beat in milk,then juice and set aside at room temperature till it thickens.
How do you make a key lime pie?
Easy Key Lime Pie This easy key lime pie recipe is the 1999 American Pie Council’s National Pie Championship’s 1st place winner in the Quick and Easy Category. If you like, garnish each piece with a slice of lime and a dollop of whipped cream or whipped topping. Jump to Nutrition Facts
- 5 egg yolks, beaten
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- ½ cup key lime juice
- 1 (9 inch) prepared graham cracker crust
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- Combine sweetened condensed milk, key lime juice, and egg yolks in a large bowl; mix well. Pour into unbaked graham cracker crust.
- Bake in the preheated oven until filling is set, about 15 minutes. Allow to cool completely before slicing. dotdash meredith food studios
Show Full Nutrition Label Hide Full Nutrition Label
|Servings Per Recipe 8|
|% Daily Value *|
|Total Fat 14g||17%|
|Saturated Fat 5g||25%|
|Total Carbohydrate 46g||17%|
|Dietary Fiber 1g||2%|
|Total Sugars 37g|
|Vitamin C 6mg||31%|
Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs. ** Nutrient information is not available for all ingredients. Amount is based on available nutrient data. (-) Information is not currently available for this nutrient.
Näytä koko vastaus
How to make a delicious Key lime pie?
- Heat the oven to 170C/150C fan/gas 3 1/2.
- Press the biscuit mixture into the bottom of the tin and chill for 20 minutes (see Make Ahead).
- In a large bowl,use a balloon whisk to mix the egg yolks with the condensed milk,300ml double cream,5 zested limes and juice of 7 limes until smooth.