How do you make penne alla vodka?
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, heat butter over medium-high heat. Add garlic; cook and stir 1 minute. Add prosciutto; cook 2 minutes longer. Stir in tomatoes, vodka, salt and pepper flakes. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, 5 minutes. Stir in cream; cook 2-3 minutes longer, stirring occasionally.
- Drain pasta. Add pasta and cheese to sauce; toss to combine.
Test Kitchen Tips
How to Cook Pasta with vodka and garlic?
Directions.1 Cook the pasta according to package directions.2 Saute the garlic and onions in 2 tablespoons butter and the olive oil in a saucepan over medium heat until soft. Pour in the vodka, being careful if
Näytä koko vastaus
What to serve with creamy penne alla vodka?
Penne alla Vodka (Best Vodka Sauce!) – Perfectly hearty and tender penne pasta is tossed with a creamy and vibrant, San Marzano tomato based and vodka infused sauce that’s seasoned with fresh herbs and parmesan. Talk about delicious dinner recipe! Servings: 6 Prep 20 minutes Cook 30 minutes
- 1 (28 oz) can San Marzano tomatoes, crushed finely with hands*
- 2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup minced yellow onion
- 3 oz. proscuitto or pancetta, diced (optional)
- 1 Tbsp minced garlic (3 cloves)
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup vodka
- 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes, more or less to taste
- 2/3 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 cup finely shredded parmesan cheese, plus more for serving
- 1 Tbsp chopped fresh oregano
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil
- 14 oz. penne pasta, plus reserved pasta water for thinning sauce as needed
- Bring a pot of water to a boil to cook pasta. Season water with salt.
- Heat oil in a large pot over medium heat. Add onion and prosciutto saute 4 – 5 minutes, add garlic and red pepper flakes and saute 1 minute longer.
- Remove pan from heat and add tomatoes, vodka, season with salt and pepper to taste. Return to medium-high heat, bring to a simmer then reduce heat to medium-low and let simmer until strong alcohol scent has cooked off, about 15 minutes**, stirring occasionally.
- Meanwhile cook pasta according to package directions. Reserve 1/2 cup pasta water and drain pasta.
- Stir cream into sauce and let just heat through, about 1 minute. Stir in parmesan, basil and oregano.
- Add drained pasta to pot with sauce, toss to coat, while thinning sauce with a little pasta water as needed. Serve warm with more parmesan and garnish with more basil if desired.
- *For a smoother sauce you can blitz the tomatoes in a food processor or buy crushed San Marzano tomatoes if you can find them.
- **Be sure to allow enough time for sauce simmer or it will taste strongly of alcohol and that will overpower the flavors of the dish.
- Sauce can be frozen up to 3 months.
Nutrition Facts Penne alla Vodka (Best Vodka Sauce!) Amount Per Serving Calories 527 Calories from Fat 198 % Daily Value* Fat 22g 34% Saturated Fat 10g 63% Cholesterol 48mg 16% Sodium 366mg 16% Potassium 455mg 13% Carbohydrates 57g 19% Fiber 4g 17% Sugar 5g 6% Protein 12g 24% Vitamin A 668IU 13% Vitamin C 13mg 16% Calcium 139mg 14% Iron 3mg 17% * Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.
Näytä koko vastaus
How do you make penne pasta with ricotta?
Baked penne alla vodka is the perfect dish for gatherings and parties Vodka sauce? Amazing. Baked ziti? Amazing. Baked penne alla vodka? Mind blowing! This pasta dish is my favorite go-to for parties since you can prepare it in advance and cook it right before serving for a hot, bubbling entree that’s full of creamy, salty Italian flavors.
Technique tips: Be careful when adding the vodka. You can pull the skillet from the flame to be safe to ensure that the alcohol does not ignite. Do not overcook the pasta or it will be too mushy after baking. Swap Option: Use ziti or cavatappi instead of penne. Make the vodka sauce: 1. In a large, high-sided skillet over medium-high heat, warm the olive oil.2.
Add the pancetta and cook until crispy, about 4 minutes.3. Add the garlic and cook, stirring constantly, until fragrant, about 30 seconds.4. Carefully add the vodka. Cook until reduced by half for 1 to 2 minutes.5. Add the cream and tomato sauce and stir to combine.6.
- Bring to a boil, then reduce the heat to low and simmer for 2 minutes before removing from the heat.7.
- Meanwhile, bring a large pot of generously salted water to a boil.
- Add the penne and cook for just three quarters of the recommended cooking time.
- Reserve 1/2 cup of the pasta water before straining.8.
Add the cooked pasta, reserved cooking water, pecorino and pepper to the vodka sauce and stir to combine. Assemble the Penne alla Vodka: 9. Preheat the oven to 350 F.10. Add the ricotta and ⅔ of the shredded mozzarella to the penne mixture and stir until well combined.11.
- Transfer to a 9-by-13-inch casserole dish and spread the mixture evenly across the pan.12.
- Sprinkle the remaining mozzarella evenly over the top.13.
- Cover with foil and bake for 45 minutes.14.
- Remove the foil and bake for an additional 15 minutes.15.
- Turn on the broiler and bake until the top is golden brown, about 1 to 2 minutes.
: Baked penne alla vodka is the perfect dish for gatherings and parties
Näytä koko vastaus